GlobalTranz is spotlighting AVERITT EXPRESS as our featured Carrier Partner for August 2016. Learn more about the carrier and their offerings below.
THE AVERITT STORY
In 1958, Thurman Averitt founded Livingston Merchant’s Co-op, a small trucking company that hauled dry goods mostly between Nashville, TN and Livingston, TN. In 1969, Thurman incorporated his small company and called it Averitt Express.
While making regular deliveries in Nashville, Thurman became acquainted with a young dockworker who helped him unload his trailer. This young man’s name was Gary Sasser.
Gary happened to ask Thurman one day if he would be interested in selling his company. After some thought, Thurman said yes.
In October of 1971, Gary Sasser, at the age of 20, purchased Averitt Express, which at the time consisted of two associates, three tractors and five trailers.
Today, Averitt Express is one of the nation’s leading freight transportation and supply chain management providers.
When you pick Averitt as your carrier of your choice, you are also choosing one of the most professional teams in the transportation industry. From our associate’s unmistakable red uniforms and clean appearance to our clean, modern fleet of equipment to the way our customer service representatives will handle your calls, you can always expect to receive the most professional service at all levels.
With our associates’ interaction with your customers, we know that it is not just our image that we have to be considerate of. We know that our associates are an extension of your image and your reputation.
There are several ways that we strive to be a transportation leader when it comes to professionalism:
- A career with Averitt begins with a stringent hiring and interviewing process. We only choose the best of the best that carry a team spirit and truly understand that we are only as strong as our weakest link.
- Averitt associates go through an extensive training process before they are allowed to represent our customers. All associate, from drivers to dock associates to customer service representatives, undergo thorough training courses â some as long as eight weeks.
- When it comes to appearance, we take great pride in how our associates represent our team and your team. Our image policy requires Averitt associates to always maintain a professional appearance through company uniforms and personal grooming.
- When you interact with an Averitt associate, you will know that they are there for you. To be able to see your business succeed is our desire. We will work closely with you every step of the way to make sure you receive the most efficient and professional transportation and logistics services available in the industry.
At Averitt Express, our vision is: “To Be the Best …The Carrier of Choice.” Our corporate symbol, “The Winner’s Circle,” represents how we can achieve that vision … with a consistent focus on: Our Customers, Our Associates and Our Future.
- WE ARE CUSTOMER DRIVEN.
Our mission is to provide customers with superior quality freight transportation services. We want not only to meet our customers’ expectations, but exceed them.
- WE TAKE PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.
Every associate plays an important role in the service process by serving customers to the best of his or her ability. Each of our associates is responsible to inspire confidence and trust among ourselves, our customers and our partners.
- WE WORK AS A TEAM.
Our common goal is to satisfy our customers while creating an environment in which our associates can achieve their full potential.
- WE RECOGNIZE EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE.
We believe that both individual contributions and team successes should be recognized. We will work together to ensure an environment that appreciates individual talents and team efforts.
- WE BELIEVE IN CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT.
We will improve on yesterday’s successes and do even better tomorrow by sharing the lessons we learn. We will continually set, achieve and reset higher quality standards.