Let’s face it – we spend the majority of our lifetimes working so it’s no surprise that strong relationships are often formed with business colleagues. And for GlobalTranz, some of our strongest relationships are with our freight agents and carriers – and of course our ultimate customers, shippers.
Our freight agents are problem solvers, they’re reliable, and they are always there to get you out of a pickle. But so often freight agents are the front line for frustrations coming from shippers and carriers.
So in a nod to Valentine’s Day, we’ve compiled a list of the top 10 reasons to love your freight brokerage firm and the freight agents who handle your shipments.
- Technology in place to keep you connected. In a world where you can track your friends and family’s GPS location via a mobile application, it’s safe to say expectations for transparency and real-time updates are high. Freight agents understand their clients want to know they have the right technology in place to not only keep them up-to-date but ensure they are getting the best quotes, carriers, and transit times. Freight agents have implemented robust, innovative technology to take care of all the logistical details involving the transportation and management of your freight.
- Ample access to a network of trustworthy carriers. Have you ever shipped something somewhere and wondered, “Man, I really hope it makes it there…” It’s no secret that the shipping industry has its downfalls. Fraudulent carriers take advantage of unsuspecting shippers more often than we’d like to acknowledge. When you work with a freight agent, you don’t have to worry about being taken advantage of. Their number one job is taking care of you and your cargo. They have built lasting relationships with the industry’s best carriers to make sure your shipping needs are met.
- Rate negotiation that benefits you the most. Shipping freight – especially if it’s a rush order – isn’t cheap. But you don’t have to have champagne taste on a beer budget. Freight agents have the resources and tools in place to help negotiate the best carrier rates and transit times, so you don’t get taken to the cleaners.
- Accounting reconciliation that won’t drive you mad. Oof – accounting! By leveraging a freight brokerage firm, you don’t have to untangle the web of invoices and accounting. They’ve got your back (-office). If you have financial questions, they are ready and waiting to help.
- Unparalleled customer service. Business relationships aren’t always easy. Sometimes issues are unavoidable, and you’re left feeling frustrated. But freight agents put you first. If something goes wrong, they will fight for issue resolution. They won’t stop until the issue is resolved and the relationship is back on track.
- Back-office support that gives you easy access to the information you need. Anyone who works with a freight agent knows they run a tight ship. Good freight brokerage firms have back-office support that keeps things running smoothly and removes the cost and overhead from you.
- Compliance is taken seriously, so you can worry less about risk. A lot of I’s need to be dotted and T’s need to be crossed in order to ensure the transportation of your cargo meets state, federal and international regulations. Thank our lucky stars for freight agents! They know the laws, so you don’t have to go to sleep at night worrying if you’re at risk for non-compliance.
- On-demand access to information and resources. As a leading freight management company, we believe in transparency and information sharing. Which is why we provide our freight agents with a continuous stream of information, resources and innovative technology to help them run their business, connect with reliable carriers and move cargo efficiently and effectively for you. Which leads us to #9…
- Backed by trustworthy advisors. Every single person at GlobalTranz is committed to the success of our freight agents. We recently bolstered our executive team with the addition of Dave Bush as senior VP of carrier relations and Mike Sutter as VP of agent acquisition to help grow our freight agent channel and build stronger relationships with carriers. We understand the value our freight agents deliver, and we are there to provide the support they need to be successful.
- We care, and that’s what matters the most. A good freight brokerage firm and freight agent cares about their customers. They want to go above and beyond to meet or exceed expectations day in and day out. Who wouldn’t want a relationship like that?
Thank you to all of our shippers and carriers for your long-term support, and thank you to all of our dedicated freight agents. Without you, moving cargo would be more a lot more nightmare and a lot less romance.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
And freight agents – If your freight brokerage firm is not showing you enough love, join the GlobalTranz freight agent program