Every year, your small parcel costs go up.
For 2019, FedEx announced general rate increases (GRIs) of an average of 4.9% for its Express, Ground, and Home Delivery services. Similarly, UPS announced a 4.9% rate increase for UPS Ground, UPS Air and International services.
In a recent industry survey, 76.5% of shippers say they feel compelled to renegotiate their small parcel contracts, however, over half feel that these negotiations are becoming more difficult.
What can you do to mitigate the rate increases and take control of your small parcel spend?
If your organization has not recently conducted a thorough audit of your small parcel spend or had a trained expert negotiate rates with your small parcel carriers, chances are you are leaving real money on the table.
Top 5 Reasons Companies Use Small Parcel Spend Management Solutions:
- Billing errors: 5%+ of your invoices are eligible for refunds due to carrier errors, late deliveries, invalid accessorials and other billing mistakes. GlobalTranz’s small parcel solution leverages custom software to scan your small parcel invoices across 35 different audit points. We identify the erroneous charges, and we turn them into refunds that show up directly on your FedEx® and UPS® invoices.
- Instant savings: Companies that audit their invoices often realize an instant savings of 2-5%.
- Increased visibility: GlobalTranz provides all small parcel spend management customers with a real-time dashboard to monitor your small parcel spend- and savings.
- Rate negotiation consultation: Leverage the expertise of small parcel industry veterans and recapture proven savings of 15-25%. With a minimal investment of time and no up-front costs, you can leverage their inside knowledge to identify opportunities for savings and coach you through the negotiation process with your carriers to assure you get the best discounts and rates available.
- It’s Free: Our services are offered on a gainshare model, meaning there is no cost to you until you realize actual savings.
Best of all, these services require a minimum of your time. If this all sounds too good to be true, please read this case study to learn more or contact us today for an in-depth consultation.