Hello and welcome back to another episode of “The Freight Project Podcast!”
On today’s The Freight Project Podcast episode I welcome back Mark Burdette, Cerasis sales solutions consultant to discuss the importance of making sure that shippers are using best practices when it comes to the fundamentals in getting the right freight shipment details to accurately fill out a bill of lading.
We hope you enjoy this “The Freight Project Podcast.” You can subscribe and find this podcast on Apple iTunes, Google Play, The Freight Project Podcast | Listen via Stitcher for Podcasts, Spotify, Soundcloud, YouTube, and iHeartRadio!
Importance of Accurate Freight Shipment Details for a Bill-of-Lading
In this “The Freight Project Podcast” episode you’ll hear:
- What freight shipment details that need to be considered and documented before a shipper seeks out carrier rates.
- Why it is vital that shippers get freight shipment details right and what are the impacts on shipping processes & costs when a shipper doesn’t enter this information correctly.
- Why it is bad form to not worry about reclasses, reweighs, or add on fees, known as accessorials and simply do what they always have done without making any changes
- Best practices and tips for those shippers who want to avoid mistakes on the bill of lading & get accurate freight shipment details.
- How we helped a customer at Cerasis in improving the bill of lading process & how common the problem of inaccurate freight shipment details really is.
We hope you enjoy this episode of The Freight project podcast!
Freight Shipment Details Resources
Download a Handy List of Common Accessorials
Learn all The Freight Classes & How to Calculate Freight Class
Transportation Metrics that Matter the Most for Shippers to Track to Improve Performance
The Complete Guide to Effective LTL Freight Management