Freight Technology Resources
Using a TMS to Execute a Final Mile Strategy that Yields Desired Outcomes
A Guide to Maximize the Use of TMS
Inbound Logistics Technology: Using Technology to Compete, Reduce Costs & Gain Greater Insight
Why Blockchain will Create Extreme Supply Chain Management Optimization
How Technology in Logistics will Shape Shipping in 2019
Hello and welcome back to another episode of “The Freight Project Podcast!”
On today’s episode we welcome On today’s “The Freight Project Podcast,” I welcome founder and CEO of SimpliShip, Cory Margand to talk about the role of freight technology to not only aid shippers and the industry at large in gaining efficiency and better data flows, but also how technology is allowing humans to focus on building trust.
How Freight Technology Empowers Trust
In this episode Cory and Cerasis’ Marketing Manager & “The Freight Project Podcast” host, Adam Robinson, will learn who is SimpliShip and how they are utilizing freight technology to help shippers move into the digital age. SimpliShip lives at the intersection of logistics and technology. Concentrating on API connectivity and freight procurement innovation, SimpliShip creates solutions that empower companies of all sizes.
In this “The Freight Project Podcast” episode you’ll hear Cory answer the following:
- From Cory’s perspective having used & built freight technology solutions how does he view technology platforms and what they can do to solve shippers’ problems?
- How is a shipper supposed to seek out not only the right freight technology solutions but also pick a company that will see the relationships as a partnership long term?
- Why is collaboration and clear, consistent communication so important when arranging inbound freight pickups?
- Why has it taken so long to disrupt the freight industry with technologies versus some others like finance or advertising?
- What would Cory say to those freight technology laggards who right now feel comfortable and are still doing manual tasks with excel and haven’t taken the leap to digitize their supply chain or freight operations?
- Is this hype of moving towards digitizing freight practices, by working less manually, and more automated always necessary? When should perhaps we bring the conversation back to people?
We hope you enjoy this episode of The Freight project podcast!