Freight & Logistics Resources
2020 Strategic Freight Management Trends
An Introduction to Blockchain and Its Potential Benefits and Drawbacks in Supply Chain Management
Revenue Growth At The Hand Of Improved Digital Supply Chains
The Digital Supply Chain: The Landscape, Trends, Types, and the Application in Supply Chain Management
A Guide to Maximize the Use of TMS
Hello and welcome back to another episode of “The Freight Project Podcast!”
On today’s The Freight Project Podcast episode, I welcome Charles Walker, VP of Logistics Business Development for Aurora Global Solutions.
Charles will talk about his love of logistics, which was first felt during his long career working in logistics and supply chain in 1984 when he joined the US Army.
Love of Logistics, Borne out of the Military
Charles will talk about what he’s learned from the military side of logistics and how he’s applying that today as a practitioner in the civilian world at Aurora Global solutions. This is a must listen episode for those who want to learn a lot of wisdom and love logistics themselves.
On the episode, you’ll hear Charles answer the following:
- How did Charles’ time in the military prepare him for his now civilian career in Logistics? What did he learn there that stuck with him?
- What did Charles learn in earning his MBA and other education that helped him bridge his military learnings to a career in the civilian world?
- What did Charles find more difficult now: Planning in the military for logistics or civilian?
- What is Charles seeing today as the biggest challenge for logistics manager on the day to day?
- As a logistics manager…what is more critical to succeed? Great technology? Great team members? Great top down buys in with the logistics goals? Partnerships, say from outside sources? All of them? And, with all of that, what does a logistics manager need to understand the role of all those aspects of the job?
- What is one piece of advice Charles would give an 18 year old, or maybe his 18 your old self, in regards to how they can achieve and succeed in a career in logistics?
We hope you enjoy this episode of The Freight project podcast!