Off the Supply Chain: The Warehouse Boom
GlobalTranz is proud to sponsor FreightWaves’ new online program, “Off The Supply Chain,” a show for shippers that focuses on the interconnectedness of the supply chain and which features commentary from three expert guests each week.
In this episode, host Chad Prevost and panelists Santosh Sankar, Matt McLelland, and Tim Dooner discuss:
- Are massive distribution centers good for communities?
- Should warehouse workers be paid more?
- Would the threat of warehouse workers unionizing accelerate the growth curve of automation?
- Will automation increase warehouse efficiency?
- Should society begin to upskill and retrain the workforce in response to the threat of automation?
- How will automation redefine the warehouse job?
- Is cybersecurity a top concern for warehouses?
Tune in to more episodes of FreightWaves’ “Off The Supply Chain” here.