The modern world of freight management is growing more complex, and finding success depends on around-the-clock scalability, insight into specific market granularities, clear data and visibility, and understanding how to stay strategic. It’s increasingly difficult for today's shippers to source, manage and navigate those complexities.
The pressure is on shippers to meet customer expectations and delivery requirements without adding extra expenses.
This white paper covers the nuances that continue to plague shippers and explores:
- What transportation optimization is and how it fits into managed transportation services
- Supply chain risk management: the challenges driving increased interest in managed service
- When to switch from in-house to managed logistics transportation services
- 5 things to look for when vetting 3PL/transportation management services
- Transportation as a service: the value of combining cloud-based transportation management and a 3PL