In the shipping industry, a truck, airplane or train might be the first thing that comes to mind when thinking about the movement of products. Those modes of transport are essential, but they accomplish little today without the use and implementation of shipping technology.
Platforms like a transportation management system (TMS), warehouse management system and e-commerce shipping software allow you to make informed decisions and seamlessly make transactions for greater profitability. 3pl technology solutions can also keep your customers happy and turn them into return customers.
But not all technology platforms are equal. Some are based upon antiquated logic and processes, leaving you to do a lot of guesswork that ends up negatively impacting your bottom line.
At GlobalTranz, we provide logistics technology solutions and follow technology trends that make your job easier. We have decades of shipping expertise and keep an eye on the future to help you remain competitive in an increasingly technology-driven world.
Transportation Management System
GlobalTranz has its own proprietary transportation management system (TMS). Our platforms provide end-to-end transportation management that enables a greater supply chain transparency than our competitors. Our transportation management system offers:
- Immediate access to carriers — Select the appropriate carrier for your shipments at a cost that fits your budget. With more than 85,000 full truckload (FTL) carriers and 75+ less-than-truckload (LTL) carriers , we can help you find trucks with capacity, no matter what you're shipping.
- Connection to multiple modes — From LTL and FTL to rail and air, GlobalTranz gives you maximum opportunities to choose the best method to ship your products at the speed and price you need — all through our TMS. You can choose a single transportation mode for your shipment or mix them for the best value.
- Track-and-trace capabilities and notifications — Get real-time insight into your shipments and resolve any issues as soon as they happen. This allows you to communicate with your customer and plan for potential disruptions. Communication of this kind can help you develop trust with your customers.
- Documentation management — Keep all of your online paperwork in one place — from freight quotes to bills of lading, invoices, claim information and shipping labels.
- Claims management — Make filing and settling claims with carriers easy with our TMS software. All shipping data is in one place. Plus, you're given step-by-step filing instructions on claims and have access to our support staff to help with the process.
- Analytics and business intelligence — Use data from your selections and transform them into a high-level dashboard you can use to discover insights and opportunities for greater efficiencies and cost-savings.
Warehouse Management System
The GlobalTranz warehouse management system (WMS) allows you to organize, control and optimize operations in your warehouses. A WMS helps reduce human error from manual data entry. They can also improve productivity, enable flexibility and reduce operating costs. Some functions of a WMS include:
- Warehouse design — Organize products into a workable space with WMS data. This allows you to optimize inventory management and enable an efficient picking process.
- Inventory tracking — A WMS provides insight that can help you make better decisions on the supply and demand of goods and allows you to forecast better inventory control — whether you work with a lean or agile system.
- Picking and shipping — A WMS indicates where products are stored and updates the inventory count in real-time as activity occurs for greater productivity and accuracy.
- Labor management — Get intelligence on inventory levels and order demands by using a sophisticated WMS. You can also plan for needed labor force, assign tasks and improve productivity.
- Analytics — Utilize WMS data to make better decisions when balancing inventory levels and storage costs.
E-commerce Shipping Software
Using an application programming interface (API) with a TMS, WMS and order management system provides businesses with a single source of truth. This e-commerce shipping integration software helps companies ensure their online customers get the product they need when they need it. For you (the shipper), the logistics API integration gives you assurance that your shipping operations are running at an optimal level. Our transportation management software and warehouse management system integrates with leading e-commerce platforms like Shopify, WooCommerce and Magento, providing you with:
- Seamless online shopping experience — Shipping costs are generated in your e-commerce cart so customers can see charges up front and complete their purchase.
- Customers get several shipping methods — Customers get the option to choose freight rates and transit times based upon budget and deadlines.
- Create administrative rules for greater control — Customize your customer experience by offering free shipping or the lowest priced carriers.
GlobalTranz Is a Leader In Providing Shipping & Logistics Technology Solutions
As a shipper, you have access to an enormous number of shipping and logistics solutions to help you face today's challenges. But not all solutions are created equal. That's why it's important to team up with a shipper partner, like GlobalTranz that you can trust for a full suite of proven transportation management services. That includes a TMS, a warehouse management system and e-commerce integration solution that can increase profitability and efficiency while keeping your customer happy. Get a quote to learn how we can help you stay competitive and profitable in the face of an ever-changing supply chain.